Why is the average buy price (ABP) not shown correctly for your holdings?
There are some holdings for which we don’t get the average buy price while fetching your holdings from the broker. Therefore, you can only see the number of shares that you hold of a particular company. However, you can update the average buy price on the holdings tab of the portfolio page manually
Why should you update the average buy price for your holdings?
Updating the average buy price is necessary to analyse your portfolio. Adding ABP helps you:
- Calculate your investment amount for all the holdings
- Calculate the current value of each investment
- Calculate the daily change in investment and profit and loss
Know how to update the average buy price for your holdings?
Based on the platform that you are using, you can change the ABP in the following ways:
Mweb/Android: You can update the average buy price of your holdings by clicking on the edit icon next to ticker as shown below-
Web: You can update the average buy price on the web in three ways:
- By clicking on the edit icon in the header next to the ‘Avg buy price’ tab as shown below
- By clicking on underlined average buy price in the average buy price column as shown below
- By clicking on “Edit buy price” under more options as shown below. Click the three dots to view more options.