Companies Disclose their Shareholding records every quarter. This pattern can be a vital metric for an investor to assimilate their investment decisions. Under the Shareholding pattern, there are 5 different holding percentages highlighted.
Understanding of different shareholder segments -
- Total Promoter Holding: % of shares held by promoters of the company, some of it might be pledged (Indicated in yellow)
- Mutual Fund Holdings: Shares held by mutual fund companies (AMCs)
- Other Domestic Institutional Holding: This includes shares held by all domestic institutions except Mutual Funds. Insurance firms are significant DIIs, their shareholding is represented separately within this bar. Others include trusts, Indian VCs etc.
- Foreign Institutional Holding: This indicates the % of shares held by foreign investors. For example, Foreign Banks, Hedge funds etc.
- Retail and Other Parties: Contains shares held by retail investors and other remaining % shares mostly in NSDL transit etc.
Data is updated quarterly.
Refer to the below image for a visual understanding of how a shareholding pattern is presented :